At Sarasota Memorial Hospital, you will be a part of a diverse environment where all people are valued and respected. With our talented team of employees, you will help us to become the best community hospital and health care system in the United States.
About Sarasota Memorial Health Care System
Our highly engaged workforce at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System has enabled us to perform on a very high level, consistent with prestigious academic medical centers. Team members merely use their job descriptions as a springboard to a greater mission. Employees operate above and beyond and at the very top of their licenses. They take the utmost pride in their work and make it personal. Quite simply, they care and it shows in our results.
- 2022 Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award
- Becker’s Healthcare 150 Great Places to Work
- ANCC Magnet Recognition for Nursing Excellence
- Truven Health Top 100 Hospital
- Nationally Certified by DNV Healthcare
- S. EPA Energy Star® Certified Building
- S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals
- Better Doctor #1 Rank for Heart Attack Care
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses’ Beacon Award for Critical Care and Cardiac Acute Telemetry units
- American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- Joint Commission Certification for Congestive Heart Failure and Advanced Certification for Stroke Care
- CARF Inpatient Rehabilitation Accreditation and Comprehensive Stroke Specialty Program Accreditation
- Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Center of Excellence for Laboratory Services
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get with the Guidelines Gold Plus Award
- Sarasota County Green Business Partnership
- Health Grades Outstanding Patient Experience Award – 2016
- Cigna recognition for Cardiac Care, Hip Replacement, Pulmonology, Stroke
- Florida Blue Distinction for Cardiac Care, Maternity, Spine Surgery, Hip/Knee Replacement
- Aetna Institutes of Quality: Cardiovascular Surgery, Cardiac Intervention, Cardiac Rhythm
Our Promise to You
- Caring and Compassion
- Teamwork and Trust
- Mutual Respect and Recognition
- Cost Effective/Ethical Behavior
Health & Wellness
Professional Recognition, Tuition Reimbursement
Sarasota Memorial Health Care System Discounts
Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is proud to be able to offer this generous Total Rewards package to our employees. Click here to download additional details.
Sarasota Memorial Level II Trauma Center
We link employee engagement directly to our overall human capital strategy for talent management. Engaged employees are more likely to be creative, make suggestions, provide constructive feedback and recommend their company as an employer to other people looking for jobs. Most importantly, they are much more likely to excel in their role supporting patient care or in the front line providing great care to our patients.
The Nursing Division has been recognized nationally for its excellence in engaging staff, as demonstrated by its continuous designation as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The recognition indicates the organization has met criteria indicating superiority in all aspects of nursing services. As part of the designation process, Sarasota Memorial Health Care System demonstrates its adherence to the Forces of Magnetism — attributes that exemplify nursing excellence. These forces promote an environment that supports engagement and quality outcomes. A central component is Nursing’s shared governance program, a best practice that gives direct care nurses a voice in decisions that affect nursing practices. Each nursing area supports a Unit Practice Council (UPC) led by direct care nurses who work collaboratively with leaders to ensure issues receive the support they need. Leaders of the UPCs are members of the Global Unit Practice Council, which provides a forum for topics that transcend a single practice area. Additional councils address professional development, evidence-based practice, policies, and documentation and informatics. Leaders of these councils are direct care nurses who meet monthly with the Chief Nursing Officer in an overall Coordinating Council, which helps communicate best practices house wide.
Learn more about all of our opportunities
Find a training program just for you